Thursday, June 21, 2007

FUTURE TRAVEL [Incident: 070613-000158]

So I bought tickets to go to Toronto in August for a wedding. I was quite upset to find that tickets were reduced by more than $200 and to find out that the Customer Service Department for Air Canada was seriously lacking. I don't blame the person I directly spoke to per se. However, I was just upset that nothing could be done, even worse an attempt to do something.

But I was fine with it, because I realize there is nothing to be done. Anyways, I got this response back to my angry letter, and the woman rambles on and on and I am trying to figure out what she's saying and at the end I realize this woman isn't going to do anything for me. Haha. I love these courtesy letters.

Subject---------------------------------------------------------------FUTURE TRAVELDiscussion Thread---------------------------------------------------------------- 06/21/2007 12:24 PM
Dear Ms.XXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding seat sales.For many years, Air Canada has launched traditional sales to introduce new routes, generate new business or fill seats that may otherwise remain unsold.Special discounted sale fares, unlike the more expensive fares, have only a select number of allocated seats, as well as various restrictions and a limited duration.

We regret your disappointment on learning that a lower fare was introduced after you had purchased tickets with Air Canada. Customers already holding non-refundable, reduced-rate tickets, however, are not entitled to any further fare reduction. Fares continue to be a source of concern in the industry and we appreciate receiving feedback from our customers.

Our objective is to offer you the best possible fares available at the time of booking.That said, while we are unable to recreate a conversation that may have taken place with a Reservations agent, please accept our sincere apologies for any negative impression you received. Air Canada is committed to customer service and employee attitude is important to us. We strive to build a rapport with our customers and are concerned when a single experience may leave a lasting negative impression.

Unfortunately, this may reflect poorly on the majority of our staff who are genuinely interested in providing excellent service.Your impression is of great concern to us and we have asked that the situation be reviewed internally. We wish to assure you that we treat these matters very seriously and are intent on preventing recurrences.Once again, we thank you for your feedback and we look forward to being of service in the near future.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Customer Relations

1 comment:

Bushra said...

I wonder if this is a form letter or if they specifically wrote it for you. I think maybe half and half.