Saturday, May 3, 2008

Atonement




After an awesome day of celebrating my friend's bridal shower, I came back to finally watch Atonement. I have been meaning to watch it but I never got around to it.

So, I have decided after watching this movie that I don't want to watch any more sad movies. It's okay if a movie has sad bits in it, but it must not end making me feel depressed. That movie was all in all very depressing making me feel like I just spent 16 hours watching a Korean soap opera that ended poorly for the beloved couple. Why be sad? Why watch movies that are just going to make me feel sad? I don't feel any more enlightened from the movie, I don't feel like I learned anything new or at all. So that is my conclusion. NO MORE SAD MOVIES. Yay.

4 comments:

Bushra said...

No more sad movies for you? Then don't EVER watch Grave of the Fireflies. I lost a bit of myself when I watched it and still haven't fully recovered (meaning now I'll tear up at anything). Also, don't watch old Italian movies.

Hayley Lam said...

heyyyy I just saw atonement on Friday!!!! weird. anyway, I understand how you feel, I hate sad movies, but they are usually the good ones... and, if you only watch happy movies, you get stuck w/movies like 'Made of Honor' (which I also saw this week) - and I dunnos, it was cute and definitely had its moments, but sometimes it just doesn't do it for me, ya know?!

The Bot said...

She's right...especially not "The Bicycle Thief".

tanya said...

exactly!